Requirements and Technical Skills:
- Solarwinds and NetIQ Monitoring – monitor Solarwinds and NetIQ alerts and events
- Event Qualification – verify alerts and device status and create and assign Remedy tickets
- Escalation and SLA Management – engage organizations outside the Network Operations Center to ensure efficient issue resolution (EMOC Systems, Engineering, CIC, Security, Field Dispatch, End-User Services, DHS, Verizon, etc.)
- Asset Management – verify and update asset information in Solarwinds and Remedy
- Capacity Management – conduct bandwidth utilization studies and Field Site Circuit Reports
- Network-Attached Device Provisioning – provide IP addresses and port activations for network-attached devices at field locations
- ITE/DTE Support – provide Tier 2 network support for the ITE and DTE environments
Labor Category Qualifications:
Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university with five years of related experience. Equivalents: High School diploma with nine years of specialized experience in related field, or Associates Degree with seven years of experience, or Masters Degree with three years experience, or Doctorate Degree with one year experience.
Labor Category Description:
Provides support for technical direction and engineering expertise for communications (LAN/MAN/WAN) systems infrastructure activities, including network planning, designing, and implementing communications infrastructure requirements for buildings and systems. Ensures that adequate and appropriate planning is provided to direct building architects and planners in building communications spaces, networks, and media pathways to meet industry standards. Interfaces with internal and external customers and vendors to determine communications infrastructure needs.
•Cisco certification (can be offset with demonstrated, deep technical experience and expertise)
•CCNP or other advanced networking certificate
•Experience with Solarwinds and NetIQ. Demonstrated knowledge of Windows networks, including Active Directory, DNS, WINS, domain trusts, SCCM, Windows operating systems (Win7, Win2000/2003/2008, clustering, Hyper-V)