ITIP Job Title: Remote Desktop Support (Tier 1.5)
DHS Eagle Labor Category: Configuration Management Specialist (Intermediate)
Requirements and Technical Skills:
- Support and resolve computing requests(hardware/software) remotely via telephone and/or remote tools. Computing requests include problem diagnostic/troubleshooting, and break-fix solutions
- Provide constant feedback and have the ability to help craft and develop new processes to help support and assess the current infrastructure
- Record and track incidents and escalate as needed
- Customer service focus; excellent oral and written communication skills (particularly phone skills and etiquette); exhibit professionalism; team-oriented attitude; excellent research and problem solving skills; self-starter; high quality of work ethics; knowledge of Active Directory, MS Exchange, and experience supporting Windows 7, MS Office 2010, and blackberries
- Knowledge of Cisco VPN Client, Cisco VOIP support
Labor Category Qualifications:
Associates degree with two years of related experience. Equivalents: High school Diploma with four years of specialized experience in related field, or Bachelors degree with one year experience, or Masters Degree with no experience.
Labor Category Description:
Responsible for configuration management planning. Describes provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits. Responsible for configuration planning. Identifies and maintains the original configuration of requirements documentation, design documentation, software, and related documentation. Responsible for configuration change control. Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software. Responsible for configuration status accounting. Tracks all problems and changes in product documents and software and reports changes and current configuration. Responsible for configuration audits. Supports audits to verify that requirements of all baselines have been met by the as-built software. Supports the Software Quality Assurance process audits.
Requires a Secret Security Clearance