CSC is seeking an experienced Full Time Solaris 10.x Engineer to work in Arlington VA (Pentagon City), supporting the TSA. This position requires applicants to successfully pass both a TSA - EOD and a minimum of a Secret Security Clearance investigation prior to starting.
Must have experience as Sun Solaris Engineer:
· General proficiency with Solaris 10.x installation, configuration using command line tools, and day to day administrative tasks.
· Ability to create shell scripts to automate routine tasks.
· Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking and ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues at both host and port level.
· Ability to manage both packages and patches using Live Upgrade.
· Experience with Solaris 10 ZFS, Zones, and the SMF.
· Administration of Java application servers, especially Sun Application and Portal servers.
· LDAP administration
Essential Job Functions:
· Develop a standard Solaris 10.x image to be used in Development, Test and Production environments.
· Have the ability to add disks to storage groups
· Creation, Mirroring and removal of PLEX’s
· General understanding of VERITAS Storage foundations
· Stand up new server environment
· Install and Harden the Operating System
· Configuration of Zone
· Tuning the Operating System
· Creation of a flash archive and test.
· Work with Security team to have the new operating systems scanned
· Correct any vulnerabilities / defects discovered in the security scan
· Create a Jump Start Image for use in deployment of image
· Stage Solaris images in the production environment
· Consults with client(s) and internal engineering groups to create and/or review requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs.
· Analyzes forecast numbers and models to forecast traffic requirements and capital costs for system.
· Oversees testing of network(s) to evaluate architecture design, concepts performance and features of the design. Resolves issues as necessary.
· Provides escalated technical support to management and customers to identify and resolve operational issues.
· Researches and evaluates network technologies, new products, literature, patents and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Directs cross-functional technical teams to design and implement effective network architectures for the client.
· Develops and oversees the adherence to maintenance and performance standards of data, voice or video network hardware and systems.
· Provides technical consultation on current and proposed Solaris-based systems to other organizations and clients.
· Effective organizational, writing, and communication skills.
· Participates in identifying business requirements; ensures delivered solutions meet performance expectations.
· Recommends program/project release schedules based on knowledge of software development life cycle; delivers functionality and ensures the integrity of the overall system.
· The candidate will be required to create Requests for Change (RFC’s) and defend the proposed solutions impact to the TSA Configuration Control Board (CCB).
· Develops and implements guidelines for deployment of product.
· Performs document reviews to ensure effective and appropriate environment changes and demonstrates ability to escalate needs when necessary.
· Prepares IT vision and strategy work products, technology and product analysis, white papers, and responses to management queries on technology and product related topics.
· Participates in system solution definition for proposal efforts, as needed, to ensure business requirements are satisfied.
· This contract does not have the ability to cover relocation costs
· Applicants must be able to have & maintain an active Secret security clearance
· Applicants must be able to pass DHS EOD suitability clearance
· Candidates proposed for this position resume must be accepted by the Government as acceptable as KEY personnel on the contract
· A requirement of this position is that all candidates submit sanitized writing samples demonstrating previous exchange design and documentation experience as a part of the selection process.