C&C International is seeking an experienced Full Time Solaris 10.x Engineer to work in Arlington VA (Pentagon City), supporting the TSA. This position requires applicants to successfully pass both a TSA - EOD and a minimum of a Secret Security Clearance investigation prior to starting.
Must have experience as Sun Solaris Engineer:
- General proficiency with Solaris 10.x installation, configuration using command line tools, and day to day administrative tasks.
- Ability to create shell scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking and ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues at both host and port level.
- Ability to manage both packages and patches using Live Upgrade.
- Experience with Solaris 10 ZFS, Zones, and the SMF.
- Administration of Java application servers, especially Sun Application and Portal servers.
- LDAP administration
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop a standard Solaris 10.x image to be used in Development, Test and Production environments.
- Have the ability to add disks to storage groups
- Creation, Mirroring and removal of PLEX’s
- General understanding of VERITAS Storage foundations
- Stand up new server environment
Install and Harden the Operating System
Configuration of Zone
Tuning the Operating System
- Creation of a flash archive and test.
- Work with Security team to have the new operating systems scanned
- Correct any vulnerabilities / defects discovered in the security scan
- Create a Jump Start Image for use in deployment of image
- Stage Solaris images in the production environment
- Consults with client(s) and internal engineering groups to create and/or review requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs.
- Analyzes forecast numbers and models to forecast traffic requirements and capital costs for system.
- Oversees testing of network(s) to evaluate architecture design, concepts performance and features of the design. Resolves issues as necessary.
- Provides escalated technical support to management and customers to identify and resolve operational issues.
- Researches and evaluates network technologies, new products, literature, patents and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Directs cross-functional technical teams to design and implement effective network architectures for the client.
- Develops and oversees the adherence to maintenance and performance standards of data, voice or video network hardware and systems.
- Provides technical consultation on current and proposed Solaris-based systems to other organizations and clients.
- Effective organizational, writing, and communication skills.
- Participates in identifying business requirements; ensures delivered solutions performance expectations.
- Recommends program/project release schedules based on knowledge of software development life cycle; delivers functionality and ensures the integrity of the overall system.
- The candidate will be required to create Requests for Change (RFC’s) and defend the proposed solutions impact to the TSA Configuration Control Board (CCB).
- Develops and implements guidelines for deployment of product.
- Performs document reviews to ensure effective and appropriate environment changes and demonstrates ability to escalate needs when necessary.
- Prepares IT vision and strategy work products, technology and product analysis, white papers, and responses to management queries on technology and product related topics.
- Participates in system solution definition for proposal efforts, as needed, to ensure business requirements are satisfied.
- This contract does not have the ability to cover relocation costs
- Applicants must be able to have & maintain an active Secret security clearance
- Applicants must be able to pass DHS EOD suitability clearance
- Candidates proposed for this position resume must be accepted by the Government as acceptable as KEY personnel on the contract
A requirement of this position is that all candidates submit sanitized writing samples demonstrating previous exchange design and documentation experience as a part of the selection process.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
• Nine or more years of technical experience in a client-server environment
• Experience working with highly complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
• Experience working with company products and services
• Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
• Experience working with highly complex system implementations and organizational processes
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
• Strong communication skills
• Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
• Strong ability to lead and work as part of a team